Friday 31 July 2015

Clara's Travel Tales: The Prague Edition (Part 1)

It's that time of the month again, and as expected, this edition of Clara's Travel Tales takes place in Prague, my new favourite city. T moved here just over 6weeks ago, and this is already my second visit, because of course we like being together, but it's also because I really really love the city. When he lived in Brussels, although I sometimes felt it wasn't a beautiful city (poor little Brussels is no competition for Paris or London!), I felt right at home there. When he moved on to Vienna, everyone told me how wonderful the city was, but I was disappointed when I visited, because in spite of the amazing beauty of the city, I was never able to truly enjoy my stays. It just felt so...cold and unwelcoming, like something was missing, at least that was the vibe I got.

On to Prague. I love love love the city! It is beautiful, international and feels pretty calm, basically a perfect amalgam of my three favourite cities (Paris, London and Brussels). I could even see myself living here, were it not for the language which seems daunting and certainly out of my league (you try pronouncing some of the words on the signs below!).

Tourist information signs

Anyway enough chitchat, as I have only a few hours left, I'm just going to do a picture heavy post of the yesterday and today's wander round the city so you can see for yourselves. Even though I did a guided tour, I didn't take many pictures of the tourist attractions, instead I was fascinated with the architecture, the beauty and the elaborate work on ordinary residential buildings. Oh and before I forget, I as usual had some funny incidents happen (I seem to be a magnet for such things!), but I'll talk about them things in part 2. Enjoy the pictures, and please click to enlarge.





Pictures taken all over the city







Pictures taken around the Old Town Square

Statue of Jan Hus, the Christian (protestant) reformer

2 comments:

  1. Clara! You're making me wanna go to Prague too! I can't be going alone though. I'm sure there's a market for chubby black girls in the human trafficking industry and I ain't going out like that! Lol

    The architecture is beautiful!!!

    Xoxo,


    La Deutsche Diva — The Denglisch Blog
    German on top | English on the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wanna give her info away but mine is ladeutschediva and she's on my friends list. Easy to find by her name ;)

    ReplyDelete